A brand new survey finds 78% of IT and safety professionals assume safety is essential sufficient to delay utility deployment.
Darkish Studying surveyed 173 IT and cybersecurity professionals on quite a lot of matters associated to utility safety, software program growth practices, business software program use, and the connection between enterprise IT safety teams and software program growth groups.
The outcomes reveal many organizations have shifted — and proceed to shift — some safety testing practices additional left, or earlier, within the software program growth lifecycle. Additionally they present continued enhancements over the previous 12 months on broad attitudes towards the adoption of safe growth processes, DevOps, DevSecOps, and utility safety evaluation and remediation practices. Amongst respondents, 72% understand the common utility developer at their group as being both “very educated” or “considerably educated” about safety.
Different survey highlights embrace:
- 34% consider attackers with deep data of utility vulnerabilities current the best menace to app safety.
- 52% say incidents just like the SolarWinds breach have brought about modifications of their analysis and vetting processes for third-party app suppliers; 53% describe such apps as placing them at better danger of a breach.
- 49% of organizations have an agile growth course of and have both absolutely or partially adopted a DevOps strategy to software program growth.
- 59% of respondents consider their group is both “very educated” or “educated” about remediating new app vulnerabilities.
- 41% of organizations deal with API safety the identical as Net utility safety.
Obtain Darkish Studying’s report How Enterprises Are Creating Safe Purposes right here.
Darkish Studying’s Fast Hits delivers a quick synopsis and abstract of the importance of breaking information occasions. For extra info from the unique supply of the information merchandise, please comply with the hyperlink offered on this article. View Full Bio